Thursday 7 July 2011

Surveys


So I filled out a research questionnaire today*, and a few of the questions struck me.
One of them was about “If you were having a personal/emotional problem how likely is it that you would seek help from the following?

It then listed a whole bunch of people, including “girlfriend/boyfriend/partner”.
I was unsure how to answer here. I mean, I will most likely never have one of the above, so it is extremely unlikely that I’d seek help from them. On the other hand, if I did have one, I probably would seek help from them.

I was especially annoyed because the research team had tried so hard in other ways to be inclusive, such as not just having male/female as the choices for gender.

*This one, to be precise. They’re still looking for participants, so anyone aged between 14 and 25 who is currently living in Australia is encouraged to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment